Also available through Borealis Records, iTunes, Amazon, and most of the other retailers you would expect.
A Wanderer I'll Stay
Released March 3, 2015 (All territories except USA) and March 12, 2015 (USA)
Vintage and newly minted - banjos, vintage guitars and plenty of powerful duet singing. Recorded in our home in Horsefly by David Travers-Smith, with special guests Josh Rabie (fiddle), John Hurd (bass), Marc Jenkins (pedal steel) and Brent Morton (drums) on a few tracks.
Juno Award 2016- Traditional roots album of the year
International Folk Music Awards 2016 Nomination - song of the year "A wanderer I'll stay"
Western Canadian Music Awards 2016 Nominations - recording of the year, songwriter of the year
Canadian Folk Music Award 2015 Nominations - Traditional Album, traditional singer, vocal ensemble and producer (with david Travers-Smith).
VINYL direct from us (Special sale at $20 PLUS SHIPPING) includes a download card
International shipping? contact us for rates.
Long Gone Out West Blues
(Released February 2013)
Our second duo album. 13 original and time-tested songs, played on old and handmade instruments. Recorded by Ivan Rosenberg, mixed and mastered by David Travers-Smith.
Canadian Folk Music Award 2013 - Traditional Singer of the Year
Canadian Folk Music Award 2013 Nominee - Traditional Album of the Year
Western Canadian Music Award 2013 Nominee - Roots/Folk Group of the Year, album design of the year
Independent Music Awards 2013 Nominee - Americana Album of the Year
Our first duet recording. Banjos, acoustic, and National guitar with dreamy roots vocals on original and '20s through '50s songs. We loved making this recording with Ivan Rosenberg in Portland.
Canadian Folk Music Award 2012 - New/Emerging Artist of the Year
Independent Music Awards 2011 - Americana Album of the Year
CDs & mp3 downloads
Back Up and Push
Jason & Pharis Romero and Friends (Released July 2010)
Driving from Vancouver Island, BC to Oakland, CA, we brought our guitars and banjos to play old-time tunes with a few fiddling friends. These are some of the tunes we played and the fiddlers who played them.
1. Billy in the Lowground - w. Josh Rabie
2. Chicken in the Barnyard - w. Greg Canote
3. Sally Ann - w. Kori Miyanishi
4. Walk Chalk Chicken with a Necktie on - w. Karen Celia Heil
5. Halifax - w. Armin Barnett
6. Old Granny Blair - w. Tatiana Hargreaves
7. Old Cow Died - w. Dave Mount
8. Frankie - w. Amy Hofer
9. Wagoner - w. Erynn Marshall
10. Old Judge Parker - w. Tony Goldenberg
11. High Up on Tug - w. Maggie Lind
12. Jimmy Shank - w. Sophie Vitells
13. George Booker - w. Bill Hunter
14. Ladies on the Steamboat - w. Sammy Lind
15. Bull at the Wagon - w. WB Reid
16. Rabbit, Where's Your Mammy? - w. Caroline Oakley
17. Shipping Port - w. Michael Ismerio
18. Johnny Court the Widder - w. Patrick Lind
19. Dry and Dusty - w. Colin Vance
CDs & mp3 downloads
the haints old time stringband
(Released May 2009)
"Each of the 15 pieces is performed wonderfully, with obvious love and respect for the sources. Lovers of oldtime string band music need this recording in their collections."Bluegrass Unlimited Highlight Review (June 2010)
Canadian Folk Music Award 2009 Nominees - Traditional Album of the Year, ensemble of the Year
1. Knoxville Rag
2. Lowe Bonnie
3. Devil's Dream - Last Chance
4. Milwaukee Blues
5. Eadle Alley
6. Old Christmas Morning
7. Charming Betsy
8. Jake's Got a Bellyache
9. Riley the Furniture Man
10. Tupelo Blues
11. Chattanooga - Sheeps and Hogs Walking through the Pasture
12. When the Good Lord Sets You Free
13. Baptist Shout
14. Bob McKinney
15. Life's Fortune
Radio DJs, would you like a copy for play? Get in touch and we'll send one out.
If you'd prefer not to use Paypal, you can also send a cheque to Pharis Romero at our home address.